Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
Awareness And The Law Of Attraction
The following interpretation of the Law Of Attraction makes more sense to me than anything I have encountered so far.

From: Fringe Knowledge For Beginners, pp. 32-35 by Montalk,
http://www.montalk.net/ (click on the PDF download link under the picture of the book)

Quote:
Think of yourself as a radio and your thoughts and feelings as the tuning mechanism. Frequency is how fast something vibrates, and the energy coming out of a radio tower is vibrating at a certain rate. Each radio station broadcasts on its own frequency. As you change the dial, the radio becomes sensitive to a different frequency and therefore tunes into a different station. Your mind,

etheric, and astral bodies tune you into different "" of experience. When you are wallowing in negative thoughts and feelings, you are sensitive to low frequencies and tune into a station

"" that kind of experience. But when you shift your frequency to something more positive and aware, the station changes toward experiences that are also more positive.

When you become aware of some possibility, you shine upon it the spotlight of your awareness. This singles it out, makes it freeze in its tracks, and puts it in your hands to deal with. Notice

how trouble happens when you least expect it, and when you learn to expect it next time it fails to happen again. This shows that anticipating negative possibilities prevents them from manifesting, and that being unaware allows them to happen more easily. The same goes for positive possibilities— you are certain you aced a test only to find out you barely passed; or

maybe you win a prize from a contest only when you have forgotten all about it or never thought you might win. Anticipating something decreases its chances of manifesting. So learn to become

aware of possible problems in order to freeze them, while avoiding anticipating the positive things.

Ahead of you in time is a constantly shifting spread of probable futures. These are possible experiences yet to occur. Most probable futures are not set in stone because your thoughts, feelings, and choices continually affect their likelihood; a change you make now can change which of these is most likely to happen next. As long as the future stays open like this, you can use thoughts and feelings to shape them. But as soon as a future become absolutely certain, then you must deal with it through preparation and action. So there are two ways of handling experiences: by shaping them before they are certain, and dealing with them directly once they become unavoidable.

For example, maybe you set out for a bike ride while being in a bad mood and completely forget about the possibility that you might get a flat tire… only does the negative emotion attract

the probable future where you get a flat, but your lack of awareness doesn’ freeze it from happening either. Popping your tires is very likely then. But if you change your attitude towards being more positive and also take a patch kit and air pump with you, then that really cuts down the chances of getting a flat in the first place. In this case, the future is open and through thoughts and feelings you shift from a negative probable future to a positive one.

Now consider what happens when your bicycle tire has a small puncture before you even take off. It is then absolutely certain that by the time you decide to come back, it will have gone flat.

No amount of awareness or attitude improvement beforehand will prevent the air from leaking. The future of having to use your patch kit and air pump becomes locked into place, and as long as you took these with you, you will have dealt with a certain future through prevention and action. On the plus side, having a positive attitude might not prevent a certain future like this, but it can attract unexpected help. Maybe you forget to take a patch kit anyway, but because you are attracting positive experiences, someone will just happen to be nearby to help.

It is possible that by becoming aware of a danger you become so fearfully obsessed with it that your negative attitude actually draws it in. There are two solutions to this problem. The first is

purposely not thinking about dangers: out of sight, out of mind; ignorance is bliss; and so on. And yes, that avoids attracting the danger, however it does not block it, so sooner or later it will

come up and your lack of awareness and preparation will leave you hurting. The second solution is to stop being scared, depressed, obsessed, or paranoid about the things you know or suspect.

Easier said than done, but it’ something to shoot for. If you can be aware of a danger, know how to handle it, and yet not uncontrollably fear it, then you have all the protection you need

without the negativity that draws it towards you.

Awareness, thoughts, and anticipation not only select or filter probable futures, but help you deal with them should they happen anyway. So once again, be aware of possible problems and

know how to counter them without losing your positive attitude. Awareness is like a sword— flashing one at an attacker can scare him off and win the fight before it even happens, but should

the attack proceed anyway then the sword helps you survive. Awareness is the greatest protection you can have; always seek to expand your understanding and realization. The two risks to avoid are allowing something negative by being ignorant, and drawing it in by being aware but emotionally obsessed.

Intending and Requesting

Here is a neat trick to attract what your heart desires. First get yourself into a good mood by thinking about happy memories, people and conditions you are thankful for, something beautiful

around you, or reflect on how you are an eternal spirit playing this exciting game called life. Then once you are beaming, intensely imagine in your mind what you would like to have or

experience, and state " sincerely intend that this or something better manifests, for the highest good of all." Lastly, feel confident and grateful that your request was heard, then put it

out of your mind. As soon as conditions allow, you will unexpectedly receive what you asked for. It might take a few days or weeks for your probable futures to shuffle around enough to allow this to manifest.

This works because the energy you increase through positive feelings attracts the particular future you select through vivid thinking. It then starts moving towards you. By putting it out of your mind afterwards, you allow it to continue moving without freezing into place as might happen if you keep impatiently anticipating or doubting when and how it might manifest. Don’t worry about how it can happen, just know that it can happen one way or another.

But beware that the more ridiculous, selfish, controlling, or harmful your request, the less likely it will ever manifest. Or if it does manifest, it might bring you more suffering and regret than

you realize. So avoid intending for millions of dollars to fall out of thin air, that a certain person fall in love with you against their current wishes, or that harm comes to others you dislike. But you can still intend that you never run out of money, that you find someone who is perfectly compatible with you and loves you back, that a person you dislike never bothers you again. There is an important difference between these, mainly that the right way is to intend that which respects people’ freewill. Intend from the heart and you can’ go wrong.

Montalk writes interesting thoughts.  I first found his website 8 years ago.  I know exactly what he means when he writes this:

"Notice how trouble happens when you least expect it, and when you learn to expect it next time it fails to happen again. This shows that anticipating negative possibilities prevents them from manifesting, and that being unaware allows them to happen more easily.

The same goes for positive possibilities— you are certain you aced a test only to find out you barely passed; or maybe you win a prize from a contest only when you have forgotten all about it or never thought you might win. Anticipating something decreases its chances of manifesting. So learn to become aware of possible problems in order to freeze them, while avoiding anticipating the positive things."

Quote:"Notice how trouble happens when you least expect it, and when you learn to expect it next time it fails to happen again. This shows that anticipating negative possibilities prevents them from manifesting, and that being unaware allows them to happen more easily.

The same goes for positive possibilities— you are certain you aced a test only to find out you barely passed; or maybe you win a prize from a contest only when you have forgotten all about it or never thought you might win. Anticipating something decreases its chances of manifesting. So learn to become aware of possible problems in order to freeze them, while avoiding anticipating the positive things."

Polly,

You brought out the essence of Montalk's point.  The notion circulating in various "new age" circles that one should avoid focusing on unpleasant truths to make them go away always seemed ridiculous to me.  It seems to me to be a program designed to immobolize those who are not dumbed down in the usual ways. Montalk's theory also makes sense of why, after working on creating your positive manifestation, you have to let it go and place your focus elsewhere.

It has only been about 6 months? since I discovered Montalk's teachings, so I am still exploring them.  I am currently fascinated with his Matrix articles.  Studying these articles has dramatically enhanced my progress with some real life lessons about protecting my energy and learning how to engage the following above-described practice when aware of negative facts:

Quote:The second solution is to stop being scared, depressed, obsessed, or paranoid about the things you know or suspect.

Easier said than done, but it’ something to shoot for. If you can be aware of a danger, know how to handle it, and yet not uncontrollably fear it, then you have all the protection you need without the negativity that draws it towards you.

Spiritvoyager,

The thing that stands out for me concerning Montalk's writings is his ability to get people to think and to consider subjects in new ways.

I think I have stopped a lot of unpleasant things from happening via anticipation because I could feel them coming.  And whatever fear I was feeling did not attract them to me.  If I did not feel the fear I did I might not have been motivated to get out of the way of the oncoming train, so to speak.

I have trouble with accepting certain oft-repeated metaphysical teachings because they don't jive with what I have observed in life.