Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
Co-producer of 'Narnia' films dies at 39 in NYC
  I read and liked the books years back.  I seen the movie but liked the books much better............................................  As most books do not translate into good movies..  But some do........

NEW YORK – Perry Moore, a co-producer of "The Chronicles of Narnia" film series and the author of an award-winning novel about a gay teenager with superpowers, was found unconscious in his bathroom and died later at a hospital, police said. He was 39.
His father, Bill Moore, told The New York Daily News in Saturday editions that an initial autopsy was inconclusive. "I have no clue what happened. The examiner said he was in good condition," Bill Moore said. His father and friends said he suffered from chronic back pain.
Moore was found unconscious in the bathroom of his Manhattan home Thursday, and doctors couldn't save his life, police said. The cause of death will be determined by the city's medical examiner, but no foul play was suspected.
Moore had a varied career in television and in film, as producer, screenwriter and director. His 2007 novel, "Hero," won the Lambda Literary Award for best novel for young gay, lesbian, bisexual and transgender children or adults.
Moore, who was gay, said in an interview on his website that in writing the novel, he had wanted to tell the story of his father, a Vietnam veteran, "and his son."

http://news.yahoo.com/s/ap/us_obit_narnia_producer

http://narniacode.com/

Quote:Millions of readers have been captivated by C. S. Lewis’s famed Chronicles of Narnia, but why? What is it about these seven books that makes them so appealing? For more than half a century, scholars have attempted to find the organizing key—the “secret code”—to the beloved series, but it has remained a mystery. Until now.

In The Narnia Code, Michael Ward takes the reader through each of the seven Narnia books and reveals how each story embodies and expresses the characteristics of one of the seven planets of medieval cosmology—Jupiter, Mars, Sol, Luna, Mercury, Venus and Saturn—planets which Lewis described as “spiritual symbols of permanent value.”

How does medieval cosmology relate to the Christian underpinnings of the series? How did it impact Lewis’s depiction of Aslan, the Christlike character at the heart of the books? And why did Lewis keep this planetary inspiration a secret? Originally a ground-breaking scholarly work called Planet Narnia, this more accessible adaptation will answer all the questions.

[edit - blurb added...]

Talking about books & superpowers, I recently read a novel titled 'I am Number Four' which is due to be released as a movie this year, I believe...

http://www.findnumberfour.com/ (Important note: PG13 Parents strongly cautioned)

Has anyone else here read it?

I have not read "I am Four" but have seen the movie previes and it looked interesting...