Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
Eureka! Sort of.
So I have a recurring dream that usually involves my husband showing interest in other women/girls and then when I try to express my feelings about it he acts smug and detatched until I am crying and wildly upset.  Nothing could be further from reality about my husband,  but my father did have multiple affairs on my mom and I always assumed it was about abandonment issues.  Well.  Apparently my subconscious/oversoul/where ever these things come from decided I needed some remedial help, so here is the latest version I had last night:

[color="blue"]Shortly, we are on a tour of some enormous building, lots of rooms, sort of half office, half old hotel thing.  We have a woman as the tour guide.  She points out to me that my husband is spending too much time with a little girl on the tour, who is 10.  I think she just has a harmless crush and call him away.  The little girl gets a piece of pizza and asks me if I want some, and I decline.  Later, we have dinner in a room with the tables in a huge "U" shape, but it is almost empty of people.  The woman points out my husband with the little girl off in another room.  The little girl is laying on the floor on her side looking up at my husband who is standing over her.  The tour guide woman says "That's going to be a problem."

I go over to him and thunk him lightly and say "Can I see you a minute?" and then I lead him back away from everyone into a shadowy, unlit part of the building that has pillars space periodically throughout.  I confront him about the girl, and he just sips his drink the whole time looking smug and like "whatever".  I understand that he doesn't care what I think about it.  I am appalled that he seems to be interested in a child while acting so aloof to me and I start crying.  Eventually I crawl away on the floor and curl up in a fetal position facing the wall.  My husband brings a glass of water over to me and tells me to drink.
[/color]
Now, I woke up thinkng "wow what an awful dream".  Then I started to research the symbols, and I feel it was actually a great dream if I can figure out the whole thing, and that it must beimportant because I have variations of it all the time. 

So here is what I have so far:  my husband represents old creative patterns, the woman guide has to do with left brain thinking / ego self.  The building could be my matrix, which would mean that since I had a guide I was not wanting the "full tour" as it were.  The little girl could have been associated with left brain thinking again, or maybe something to do with god-mind since she was 10?  Not sure.  The end of the dream I am given a glass of water by the old creative pattern.  Does this mean the old pattern will only allow me a small "taste" of my life, versus the unlimited potential of life?  Any ideas would be appreciated.  I am certain that this is something BIG, and may unlock some issues around painting. I start to loose the thread with the unlighted part of the building, and the fact that I took my husband there, etc.

In researching more possible interpretations I am wondering if the husband figure was really my husband at all, as in the dream he changed appearance when we stepped into the dark part of the hotel, turing into a different person entirely.  Also laying down can symbolize defeat, or giving up and both the young girl and my current self ended up in that position.  

Interpreting other's people dreams is much more fun :P

water also means life...and i guess depending on if you drank the water..it could mean how much of life you're taking in....i also perceive it as healing/cleansing...was the water clear? was the glass full? :o) did he hand it to you with his left or right hand? what hand did you receive it in?

when you cried in the dream, did you actually feel like you were crying..like you were sad..releasing the pain?? perhaps you also purged some energies...:o)

you also said there were pillars...

and you said that the girl took a slice of pizza..more symbolism....maybe subtle..but more me thinks?

Thanks for the feedback :).  I think the glass of water passed from his right hand to my right hand.  I definitely felt the crying was purging.  I did not want the pizza or the water, which is interesting and telling.