Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
Free thinking society
I agree that in theory we should have no limitation and be the masters of our own destiny. However, because all people have limitations to a greater or lesser extent then there has to be a reason for these limitations. I think that what limits us is 'our purpose in life', the fact that we are controlled, and the fact that we live in physical world which could not exist without some boundaries. My limitations prevent me from experiencing and learning what I would like. My greatest desire is to learn how to overcome my limitations.

Sekhmet Wrote:I want to spend time with the people I love. I want to learn the truth. I want to continue discovering my true self. So yes, I am doing what I want. :D

Sekhmet,

I think we are talking about two different concepts, correct me if I am wrong, but what you have wrote is your inner self, your spiritual being, and I agree totally that there is no limit to expanding and growing in this area, and that we all learn from each other everyday.

However the limitations I am talking about are in the physical world, physical can not exist without boundaries, and I am not saying that limitation is a bad thing either, it teaches us more than we realize, and just as Craig has mentioned, there is always a reason and it can be quite a journey discovery the whys.

Nicely said Craig. :D

I know that there are boundaries in the physical world Astrojewels and that it takes a lot of hard work before you can overcome them, but it is still possible. And it's that exact journey, those exact boundaries that help you overcome them. That's the universal paradox that can only be understood if you look inside you. It's alright for your body to think about limitations, but not your mind. If your mind thinks that there is something limiting it, then you're in trouble. Because mind creates the body. And if the mind is limited in any way, than how can it's creation be useful to it? How can it learn through it? The topic is free society, which means free thinking (inner self) and free communication (outer self). Free thinking and free communication means no limits. Only this way we could create a true free thinking society.

It's interesting the way our opinions clash against each other and how we handle that. That reflects much of our personality. As a free thinking individual, you will stand by your opinion but still accept that other people think differently from you and you will respect each other. Won't try to antagonize someone just because they might have different views on a subject. I find discussion a great learning experience. :D

Sekhmet,

Discussion is a privilege for humans, and is also one of the main reasons why we have such a deep desire to re-enter physical life, it is a wonderful expression but does require respect.  

It is very difficult to distinguish your free will from your programmed "will". No one who hasn't gained complete control of his thoughts cannot speak of free will. When I feel terrible urge to kill someone, is it my true free will or are these my programs?

Nowadays we have a society full of "free-minded" people who don't even behave like humans, sooner like chimps.

We need to have discipline over our thoughts. There is a fine line between true free will and disoriented, distorted and egomaniac behaviour.

The person I consider to be free-minded is the person who is not bounded by the "gifts" of our time, Internet, money and capitalism, idealogies of any sort, tradition etc. It is the person who is not bounded with FEAR of consenquences, it's the person who is aware of his actions. Non-awareness is one horrible thing, and produces mass killers and the rest of idiotic population.

Programmed will? Not sure about that one.

When you have the urge to kill someone or even wish another dead, firstly you must analyze why you have these thoughts, what could allow your spiritual essence to hate another with such intensity- what started the flow of energy between you and that person/people in order for you to hate.

The world is really only divided into 3 main categories- religion, color and culture, yet each category has millions of sub-categories…

If a programmed person is filled with hate, yes that anger can be easily amplified to extreme dark energy, yet the base/core energy must be within the mind pattern of the individual in order for the program to work.

I totally agree that free will requires the individual to accept and be responsible for their consequences and actions, because being programmed is often an excuse for bad behavior.  

I just want to add some comments- which I would like your thoughts.

Energy is the base line of all feelings, emotions, actions, reactions and response, so if you launch bad energy to another, even by simple gossip that includes your opinion of their clothing, hairstyle, their lifestyle or they just do things different to the way you do, but hey they are not you! Therefore the consequence of that energy will return to you because you own the action.

Unless the individual personally affects your own energetic space, you have no right by universal law to judgment and to control this very basic law of affect is the only way to balance out any karma that you are acquiring on a daily basis.

I put it to anyone reading this, consciously take note daily, even write it down how many times another person comes into your thoughts or in a conversation with another.

Purposely challenging yourself to a daily ritual of not being opinionated is not easy, and I challenge anyone to try it!

Astrojewels Wrote: Unless the individual personally affects your own energetic space, you have no right by universal law to judgment and to control this very basic law of affect is the only way to balance out any karma that you are acquiring on a daily basis.

I put it to anyone reading this, consciously take note daily, even write it down how many times another person comes into your thoughts or in a conversation with another.

Purposely challenging yourself to a daily ritual of not being opinionated is not easy, and I challenge anyone to try it!

You are absolutely right Astrojewels.  I think that judgement is a form of self defense and if there is no risk of harm to us then there is no need to be judgemental.  I have been working on this for some time now because I realised that I am opinionated.  I saw this in my mother and sister and did not like it.  I then noticed it in my wife and spoke to her about it - I then realised that I did the same thing.  Since then I have tried not to do it but I cannot stop myself.    

With regard to freewill I have noticed that there are many things in my life that I have really wanted only to then change my mind.  It is like the if you had three wishes what would you wish for game.  My wishes have changed over the years as I have matured and learned more about myself and the universe.  I think that free will must also be a function of 'awareness' (of all things including self) and 'certainty' - when we truly know what we want based on a knowledge of all possibilities and the needs of self then I think that what we desire will manifest under free will.

However, self sabotage/punishment programming (imprinting) and self doubt (low confidence) have prevented me from achieving certain things in my life that where achievable.  I think that for free will to become a reality it requires a mind that is free from certain programming and knows with full confidence that a state of free will can exist.  

I think that free will can constrain our own personal and spiritual growth if we do not know how to use it - for example, we would simply 'will' ourselves free from certain challenges that were put in place for us to learn and grow from.  By necessity then limitation must also be a function of free will.     

How do we know that our reality is already not a product of our 'higher' free will - our life purpose.

I agree with your thoughts Craig, being judgmental is definitely inherited and can even come down to culture, and it does sway more to females than males, and it is a ‘habit’ that eventually becomes part of who you are, and before you know it, you have an opinion about everything. Just becoming consciously aware of doing it already starts to neutralize the energy.

I don’t believe it is possible to be ‘completely’ non-opinionated, (unless you live on a mountain on your own) but it does take everyday work on self to be more open minded on the reasons why you do it so often, and part of free will is having a right to an opinion, so it can become confusing.

Your needs and wants do change as you mature, and I like to think of it as not changing your mind, but evolving from the person you were, if you want the same thing at 16 as you do at 30, well you have not come far!

Self-sabotage and programming is important elements for not reaching goals, yet it is not the core reason.

I think you are totally right and you need to teach yourself how to use free will, because free will is not a free ride, nor does it provide an easy path, it is basic laws of for being open-minded, tolerance and simple negotiation, because every single thing in life revolves around negotiation, even when dealing with self.

Our needs and wants are based on our opinions about the present, so how can you tell that being not opiniated is a very useful thing? If you hadn't had an opinion e.g. about astrology, you would never come far.

Being opinionated is not the same thing as having prejudice to someone or something.

I agree judging about someone is just dragging someone else's energy in your auric field and your frequency, which creates an inside shell from which you cannot hear your inner voice. Judging is only feeding your ego and creates an illusion of being better than you truly are.
Judging perhaps reflects your freedom of thought and speech, but it has a very strong boomerang effect.Then your ego isn't capable of handling with other people's opinions, it's hurt and you accept their energies losing your own freedom, eventualy.

Freedom is like flowing on your own energy which is fulfilling you deeply, but freedom itself is not a very strong energy unless your boundaries to exterior energies are very firm.

Much bigger challenge is not having wishes. Wishes accumulate a great energy which leads to dissatisfaction and greed. If you shut down that system of wishes and let go to your energy, you will have everything your soul needs and what it craves for.