Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
Is Whistler a Safe Place To Spend The Winter?
I'm trying to decide where I should go for the winter.  I'm considering Whistler BC.   I know of all of the doomsday predictions for the west coast, but it's a place I'd really love to see and experience.  They're having the 2010 winter Olympics in Whistler and I find it hard to believe the powers that be would have the games there if it was soon to be destroyed.  What do you think? (i don't plan on settling down there, just a place to work and play for the winter)

Shadowrunner,
I goggled whistler and the place looks amazing and hey if you can get there soon, you can catch kiss live!
You have to look at it with two scenarios, perhaps the place will come to some destruction, maybe, perhaps, but maybe you will go and have a great time. to live your life on maybe perhaps is really sitting on the fence and you must experience to fully comprehend, you have already missed out on one working vacation are you prepared to miss another after the way you felt?
Is this place high risk like Iraq or Indonesia? Is this place known for problems?
Allowing fear to set your path is setting yourself up for a negative experience, when and if something arises then you will deal with it, no sooner or later.
But you must be the one who decides yes or no, the only advice I can give is keep your guard up, tell people where you are going and how to contact you, and most of all have yourself a great time. We are all at risk everyday to what ‘might’ happen. Don’t doubt your own ability with making choice decisions.