Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
Obama’s Okay of Great Lakes Water Sales To China
This sucks.

Actually the great lakes are lower in level because the us government diverts the water to the mississippi to keep water levels high enough for shipping.  too much water used for irrigation and other things so mississipi is too low, so the compensate by pulling water from great lakes to enable ships to go up and down.

i seriously doubt they sell the water from the great lakes to china, considering california doesnt have enough water as well.

they tried selling that there would be a rebellion.  california asked seattle washington for some of their water, and seattle told them to gtfo of here.

besides great lakes wont help china's situation.  not enough water in the great lakes to support their population.  i dont think there is enough for california also, and also the logistics of transporting it makes is unfeasible.

considering fresh water is the most valuable commodity on the planet i doubt they be exporting it any time soon.

chinese probably better off going into afghanistan, reason why they went in there after 911.  under that sand its reported americans found limestone. and where there is limestone is water.  and they went in for the largest untapped freshwater aquifer there under the desert.  something you dont hear on cnn or fox.

Jesse Ventura did a episode about this on TV. They showed the water bottling plant and armed guards preventing anyone from gaining access to the plant. 

In what quantity was this water being shipped out in, i believe detroit having issues with fresh water, do you think they gonna ship water in great quantities where it gonna affect the lives and economy locally around the great lakes. i dont think it will.

there was a company in maine called nestle from italy that moved into a town to create jobs.  the drained all the local water and bottled it, and tried to sell it back to the locals.  and the ceo said water is not a human right.  safe to say sh*t hit the fan in maine, and that situation is going to be corrected legally, or they solve it with bullets.

but most of the water level decrease in the great lakes is because alot of it pumped into mississippi, cuz water level too low for shipping.

and they have to keep the water level high enough in the great lakes for shipping as well.

i believe the american government asked the canadians to make a canal from hudsons bay to the great lakes so they can divert more water, but they told the american government hell no.

also americans dont have enough water to supply their own population and agricultural needs, it would be really dumb to sell it off to the chinese when the south west is in drought.  also most of their aquifers polluted from the belief in infinite growth economics.

The US owe tons of money to China. They have no choice but to sell China anything they want.

They are not pumping Great Lakes water into the Mississippi. That was voted down a long time ago. 

Pasqualie, you have to learn politics. Almost everything they do doesn't make sense on the surface until you dig down into it is when you realize why they do the things they do.

Possibly Related Threads…
Thread Author Replies Views Last Post
  Flame Retardant Chemicals Found in U.S. Coastal Waters and Great Lakes Breaking News 1 1,068 07-10-2009, 12:41 PM
Last Post: Breaking News
  Heavy lake-effect snow hits Great Lakes states Richard 0 935 11-17-2008, 11:34 PM
Last Post: Richard
  Bitter cold, high winds hit upper Midwest, Great Lakes Richard 4 1,432 02-11-2008, 01:41 AM
  Heavy snow blankets Great Lakes states Richard 0 884 01-22-2008, 02:09 PM
  Water Levels in 3 Great Lakes Dip Far Below Normal Richard 0 943 08-16-2007, 12:14 AM