Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
Self-Worth
There is no simple way to explain Programming and deprogramming, yet we all seem much closer to accepting what it is and we are definitely beginning to take control. We know that there are many different layers and labels for programming, we now have a diverse range of techniques to understand and deal with our own programming, and it has provided many answers to our diversity.  But we still look for support and reassurance to keep us optimistically positive. Why?

Why do we need others to tell us who we are? Why is it so hard for us to truly believe it? Why? Well, we were not designed to be alone and we are very bad at being our own enthusiast, and self-worth is the evaluation of your own importance. 

Where did you loose your self worth? Well, you can not loose it, but you can convince yourself that you do not have control of it, therefore it feels lost.

What is self-worth and why is it so important? Self worth is the accumulation of emotional experiences that constructs habitual patterns of thought from your response/reaction. You only respond from experience, it is a habit of the mind.

Yet the mind does not ‘feel’ your pain, it merely reacts from familiarity.

Self-worth is a patterned structure between your sub-conscious – (what you know) to your conscious – (what you are unsure of). This partnership usually begins around 18 months old; this is the time where you familiarize people, places, emotions and things in general.

Looking for that moment where you lost your self-worth is comparable to the ‘needle in a hay stack’. It could be anywhere, past life, parents, marriage, career, etc.

But, the measuring of self-worth begins at school, because it is here where you first begin to be judged, abandoned, isolated, dictated and where you needed to acquire independence to survive. It is also here where you first encounter expectations; you are expected to follow certain standards, intelligence, behavior and then you are judged, you are labeled and put into a category. It is also here where you discover your home life is not the same everywhere, so again you are put into a category- poor, middleclass, rich, single parent and so on and also where you begin to store memory for future relationships and connections.

So you launch fear of the unknown, fear of what might be, and fear of what is yet to come. This fear will build a cycle and attract that same emotion again and again because you did not confront it, preferring to store it in your sub-conscious vault. How could you confront an issue that is new and you were just a child, where do you begin to structure understanding to these emotions?

If you think you deserve to be treated badly or struggling is part of your punishment, you are wrong. Struggling is always fueled by negative emotions; stacking layer upon layer of pessimism, this is why when one thing goes wrong, it grows.

Where do you begin to start breaking the habit of self-punishment?

Cont...

To begin, you must accept that what is done is done, you can not change it now; and begin a new method of measurement. We are all connected by global consciousness, but it is our individual storage that keeps us separated, yet we look to each other for answers and comfort. This makes us all confused at one time or another.

Pessimism and negativity’ is the glue that holds programming together for many, because when you become ‘stuck’ it is tricky to get out of that depressive mentality.

Stop thinking you are alone in this big world and modify your communication method. Advancing your ‘self-worth’ begins with those who surround you, because they are the manifestation of your many personalities, current thoughts and these people are your everyday.

A good way to start the change -it takes is a few small words known as ‘compliments’, instead of being cynical or sarcastically motivated with speech, try saying something nice, even if you find this person intimidating or overbearing, do not focus on the negative of them because that is their problem and not yours, don’t absorb their energy, change the frequency. Let them know you like something they have done, begin with something that will surprise them. This may take a few weeks to feel the change of energy, but your best defense is to not allow yourself to be on their level, it requires you to be on a higher level of awareness.  

You have to slowly build up your self-worth, it can not be done in a session or applying one technique, it has taken your whole life to be where it is. It is you alone who have measured your ‘self worth’ and it will be you independently united to the global consciousness that will release you from that inner prison. Why? Because you deserve it.

Thanks for posting this Karen, working on our self worth is an important step in deprogramming and you explained it well. :)

Karen/Astrojewels, these are wonderful texts.  :big grin:

It gives a terrific overview for me how the self-worth issues are related to the developed automatic habits and mind-pattern imprintings.

Thanks !

Very happy that my explanations made sense, sometimes they drift off to the never never. Patterns are the only way I make sense of this world.

I know this system works, I have used it so often -Many years ago I worked in a restaurant, where I met my best friend. This man would come in like clock work twice a week, always alone and always in a very grumpy mood. My friend refused to deal with him, so I told her that we were going change his ways and I would make him smile before the end of the month, she said ‘no way’!

So he would complain about the price, the service and the food but why would he come back so often if it was that bad? So each time he came in I would stop and chat to him, I asked his name and told him mine. I had to find something that would have a common thread; he was a bird watcher, how extraordinary! So I realized his interest had structured him to spend way too much time alone and he was stuck in his pattern, and forgot how to communicate to people. I began to talk with him about birds because I also love birds, and before long he gave a 'half smile' but was chatting, and stopped complaining, my friend still disliked him! But it is not about dislike or like, it is taking the time to ask why?

Self-worth is one of our greatest challenges.  I am always amazed at how quick people make opinions of others and they do not even know anything about them. why?

Very nice and true text. We can change others only showing them us as example. Just like you made that man smile :)

You asked how quick people make opinions of others and they do not even know anything about them. I think that they are running from themselves and they are full of complexes. They usually "know" bad things about someone and they need to feel above others to feel good. They don`t like themselves and deep inside they know that but they don`t know how to make it better. People don`t love their own life and that way they can`t love others. It is easiest to be negative than use some energy and make some smile on the face and the faces of others. Everyone like to be in attention and hear a nice word. I think one good word to someone would make our and his/her day better.

I would better explain this in my language but I hope you`ll understand what am I talking about.

I understand clearly what you are saying. thanks