Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
Today's Chuckle - Chakra Levity
O.K...O.K. my mom sent me this in an e-mail Angel and I thought it was kinda cool especially the first part.

I didn't realize it would blow up on the screen like that..."Your honor, I was under the influence of GREEN ONIONS"!

(02-17-2013, 02:16 PM)BlueMoon Wrote:
(02-17-2013, 01:31 PM)theIRF Wrote: Why does this work so much better in an email?
Emails are usuallly much smaller letters/figures. Don't know if that makes a difference.
My brain always find these puzzle things quite easily and quickly. Not sure what that means but I do know I am a very visual person. If I see a map I can find my way easily. If I am told directions, I have to work harder to process it. Some people are the opposite but most are one or the other.
Most people think in pictures. I do better visually with maps, too. Written directions are difficult, i agree.

(02-18-2013, 01:02 AM)Elizabeth Wrote: O.K...O.K. my mom sent me this in an e-mail Angel and I thought it was kinda cool especially the first part.

I didn't realize it would blow up on the screen like that..."Your honor, I was under the influence of GREEN ONIONS"!
GREEN ONIONS will do it every time.
And with
that, may I once again raise a toast to Mirthful Irreverence Everywhere.

Here's another invention to wean cars off of fossil fuel - It runs on air.

http://abcnews.go.com/Technology/vintage...d=18738263

In 2009 a car company invented a compressed air car. It was supposed to go to market in 2009 but never did. I'm not sure what happened to it. Could be someone like the oil companies bought the patent and buried it. It was better than the car you posted because you can get compressed air anywhere. It was also available with air compressor on the car. That way you would never have to look for air. The idea is nothing new because small service cars have been running on air for as long as I can remember. You probably seen them at airports. They are small carts that service people drive around the airport.

This is what i saw on TV

Greenest Car on the Road Runs on Nothing But Air
[b]Greenest Car on the Road Runs on Nothing But Air

This is the Youtube Search for Peter Dearman Air car

Another car that sounds interesting is the Peugeot. It has a hybrid motor that runs off compressed air and gasoline. It gets 81 MPG. I imagine when it goes on the market no one will want hybrid battery and gasoline cars. When the Peugeot comes to America I'll have check it out because I'm interested in buying one. 81 MPG is the best mileage I ever heard of.

http://www.worldcarfans.com/113022054077...sed-videos

WOW - Americans would snap up that Peugeot up in a hurry, I hope we get it here soon; and it gets better gas mileage than the Hybrid too. Either way, It's nice to know there are options.

I had a diesel Peugeot station wagon in the 80's on Cape Cod. It got something like 38 mpg.

It had two coil springs for each of the rear wheels.
They advertised it showing pictures of it hauling out of vineyards many huge, Heavy, wine jugs filling the back.

I could carry more tonnage than a 3/4 ton Ford four wheel drive pick up, with 6 ft. hardwood logs to be bucked up for the winter's firewood and the skinny treetops sticking out the back some 6-8 ft. loaded to the brim.

And i could drive faster than the Ford, too.

Plus, the really crazy thing was i got just as good mileage, loaded, going up hill for twenty miles! How did it do that!

On a roundabout in Cape Cod, on black ice, i crashed into the back of a tractor trailer and smashed in the radiator.

I fixed it with radiator stop leak & it kept on going until the body rotted out to the point it wouldn't pass inspection.

The motor went to a fisherman who needed something that would last and had power. I bet it is still at sea.
You just couldn't kill that motor.

Sounds like Peugeot makes very good cars. I remember hearing stories about a carburetor that got 200 MPG since the 70s. I heard the oil companies bought the patten and suppressed it. Tonight I found a story about it:

http://beforeitsnews.com/science-and-tec...59880.html

Here's the inventors site:
http://www.runningonvapor.com/