Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
Was this from my I.P. or something more sinister?
I've been kind of depressed this past week, and have been having some strange, disturbing dreams.  I had this dream last night.

I remember being in some kind of gathering in a large auditorium.  It seemed like we were watching some kind of Nazi propaganda films because I remember seeing people giving that one hand salute.  Then this old, old man came in with his aides.  He was foreign, but I can’t be positive he was German.  He was going around looking at all the girls to pick a bride – someone to have his child.  His aides were leading him to this one girl, but suddenly he saw me and stopped.  He stared at me then smiled and said he wanted me.  His aides did not seem happy at all, but he wouldn’t change his mind.  At first I felt obligated and said I would marry him, but later I changed my mind.  He was just too old and creepy.  The aides would not let me change my mind and they gave me this old-fashioned wedding veil (it seemed like it was from the early 1900’s).  I asked some friends to help me and I sat among them hoping to blend in with the crowd, but the old man and his aides went looking around for the person who was holding the veil. Some of the people in the crowd were against me and they pointed me out.  I started running and squishing up the veil, looking for a place to throw it away.  I started putting it in a garbage can, but this one guy saw me and called the aides over.  The old man came over and asked why I wouldn’t have his child.  I said I didn’t want to and started running again.  Everywhere I went, that same guy I saw before would point me out.  Just as I was running out of places to go, the old man suddenly saw another girl and said he wanted to marry her.  I was so happy and I turned to the tattletale guy and said he lost.  The guy said he never loses and said watch this.  As me and my three friends watched, the guy cut his throat in a doorway.  We screamed as his blood sprayed all over us.  I remember feeling it on my face and hair, and I had to wipe it away from my mouth.  The crushed veil I was still holding was covered in blood, and I threw it away.  I looked at my friends and they were covered in blood too.

Since no one has replied to any of my dreams, I'm going to take a shot at interpreting it myself. Tongue

Auditorium: putting ideas on display

Large crowd: personality aspects/alters

Don't know what films/movies or one-hand salute means.

Old man (though I don't think he was fat): Guardian

Europe (European for German?): original or older way of thinking; old mind-patterns

Girls: left-brain personality

Don't know what bride means or having a child. 

Don't know what a veil means, but White: means cleansing; purity

Guy: God-mind within

Hidden (hiding?): Subconscious awareness

Sitting, people next to you: aspects of your own personality

3 friends: three levels of awareness; Conscious, Subconscious, Superconscious

Doorway: connection to various alter groupings/families

Cutting throat: cutting off communications?

Blood: the joy of life

Mouth, into: need to absorb information

Hmmm...this seems complex.  I think it may be an oversoul dream.  I'm putting ideas on display to my alters (I have been doing deprogramming on my matrix)..the Guardian of my old mind-patterns is coming after my left-brain personality and I'm trying to cleanse myself of it.  The God-mind within is trying to bring awareness to my subconscious and the aspects of my personality.  My Conscious, Subconscious, and Superconscious are trying to connect me to my various alter groupings, but I am cutting off communications with them and losing the joy of life.  And I need to absorb the information. 

I don't know if this is right, but it sounds good and kind of fits in with where I'm at, at the moment.  I just wish I knew what more of the symbolism means.

Wow.  You did a great job in not only telling your dream but interpreting them.

Veil is hiding behind something, which you already know.  some babies are

born with a Veil.    Or- something that you wish to hide or conceal.  Things may not be what it appears to be.

Don't know what bride means or having a child.  ------ Bride may be feminine qualities about yourself.  Or union or partnership...     Child---- Creation or  small part of yourself....    could signify childlike qualities or a retreat back to a childlike state. Could have something to do with inner child - innocence - purity -  simplicity - carefree attitude- longing for the past - a chance to satisfy repressed desires and hopes.

Wish i could be more help. 

Hi there Dragonfly.Your self-analysis of your Dream is spot on.What i have learned with all Dreams is that there are Archetypes and Symbols in some Dreams that mean the same thing and there are Archetypes and Symbols also in many Dreams that mean many different things.I really like the way you logically breakdown the imagery within your Dream and in a step by step fashion go through it.Thankyou for sharing your Dream with us Dragonfly.Take care.