Thread Rating:
  • 1 Vote(s) - 5 Average
Avoid Drinking Distilled Water
Richard? wtf over!
you wrote: "The problem is about getting minerals from water."
in what context are you mentioning that because that sentence is very poorly written and unclear as to its point? If you're going to rely on water to provide you minerals you are up the proverbial sh** creek, k?

"The problem is distilled water strips minerals from your body."
The ONLY minerals that might get flushed are inorganic minerals that your body can't use anyway...

Know what, I should have heeded my good sense to not contribute on this thread, but NO, I had to share what I learned. I don't care what you choose to drink.

Do more research.

I didn't mean people should rely on water for their minerals. That's not what this thread is about. It's about distilled water removing minerals from your body. It's been proven, you need to research it more. Like for example most doctors tell patients with arthritis not to drink distilled water because it removes calcium from the body.

Again, whatever minerals are flushed from the body, they are inorganic minerals which your body cannot utilize anyway.

It's a good thing they are flushed because your body tries to find places to stash them like in your arteries.. ever heard of calcium buildup... calcification?

I will say again that I spent YEARS researching the issue.
... I was sick n tired of the hashing back n forth, it was ridiculous! I had to get to the bottom of it and I'm satisfied with my findings.

If you are satisfied with your findings, hey, stick with it!
I'm sticking with mine. Distilled water is the closest thing you'll get ... in the manner that nature makes it w/evaporation and condensation.

Why are you honing into the fact that minerals are leached? It doesn't matter because it's a GOOD THING because inorganic minerals need not accumulate in the body.
Your body can only BEST and most thoroughly utilize chelated minerals (plant derived) which you must ingest on a regular basis, day to day.

Read my only post on the matter a few posts ago. That, or check it out yourself, dont' tell me to do more research.

At least let's let it stand for others to do their OWN research. I've offered my findings, you offered yours, it's not a contest, is it?

I've researched this for years too and if you dig deep enough the only people that push distillers are people who sell them. You are ignoring health reports from people who did poorly on distilled water like BFR. You can go over to the curezone forum and find many reports of people who did poorly on distilled water. The people are the proof.

barefootrevolution wrote:
Quote:I agree with you Eurydice, I know the damage that drinking only distilled water did to my body. I was sick for a very long time, could not get the mineral count up in my body no matter how many supplements I took. I had so many problems with pain, brain function, cramps, hormone imbalance. Finally, after 9 years of distilled water, which Swerdlow advised me to drink, I went back to spring water.
Swerdlow feels that distilled is the cleanest water. That is not incorrect, but it is also dead water. He advised that if you drink spring water you absorb too much radon into your body. Once I started to think about it, I realized that radon is a gas that rises and evaporates, so if you leave your water open for a bit, any radon (if there is any) would just evaporate out.
I was advised by 3 different doctors to stop drinking distilled water, but I didn't listen. I was convinced that Swerdlow was correct. My mistake. As a matter of fact, I don't think there was a single thing that Swerdlow told me to take for my health that helped me.
I was so sick that I searched for another doctor, he figured out what was going on, added amazing supplements to my diet, got me off the distilled water.
I am now taking a wonderful mineral supplement plus drinking either reverse osmosis water or spring water. My health has returned.
What was happening was that the distilled water was leaching out everything I put into my body, all the minerals, etc. What a waste of time and money.
Once I got off the distilled water, my body began to absorb what I needed and my health returned.
Of course, I did other therapies also, but I do think a huge part of it was getting off the distilled water.
I have a friend who was suffering tremendous leg cramps, she could not get enough minerals into her body, she was taking huge amounts of potassium each day just to stop the pain. She was a huge distilled water drinker also. Once she stopped drinking it, her cramps left her.
Distilled water is great for irons, not for humans, IMO.

I don't rely on other people.
I rely on my own research together with my own experience.

You might be surprised to see what ends up deposited on the bottom of my home distiller after producing just 1 gallon... lots of residue, "rock" minerals that my body did not have to work hard to eliminate. What about inorganic minerals do you not understand?

Pure water is pure water, it has no residue.
Thanks for the "spar" Richard. You have spunk!

your excerpt above from 'barefootrevolution' quote: "I was so sick that I searched for another doctor, he figured out what was going on, added amazing supplements to my diet, got me off the distilled water.... Of course, I did other therapies also, but I do think a huge part of it was getting off the distilled water."

a poor speculation 'his' the ending part of that last sentence....and the exact diagnosis was the prescribing of "amazing supplements".
I can go with that.

nite nite

How can you learn how something effects people if you ignore what happens to them? You can't just rely on distiller salesmen to give you the truth. Why do you think pharmaceutical companies test drugs on people before they release them? You need to hear how it effects people. Distilled water also leaches electrolytes from the body here's a report on how that effected a woman's hair.

[size="3"][size="2"]For the past few months I've been drinking bottled distilled water bought at grocery stores. I thought it was healthier.

But my hair has been falling out, and I haven't figured out the cause until now.

I have noticed that when I go visit friends and don't have access to my distilled water for a few days, my hair stops falling out. But when I continue drinking the distilled water my hair starts falling out again.

I thought it was just a myth that distilled water leaches electrolytes from the body, so many health web sites and distilled water sellers say it's a myth, but I read that the World Health Organization has done studies in rats and people and it really does leach electrolytes!

I just wanted to warn everyone, I hope someone can learn from this and avoid my mistake.

http://curezone.com/forums/fm.asp?i=1182076#i
[/size][/size][size="3"][size="2"][/size][/size]

[size="3"][size="2"]i made a huge mistake one day and thought i was doing my fish a favor, i went and bought 20 gallons of distilled water for them inside of a few hours they were all dead. all evidence for me has been to stay away from the distilled water.

http://curezone.com/forums/fm.asp?i=1182162#i

[/size][/size][size="3"][size="2"]Distilled water is nothing but water. That means it has no ions, no minerals, and no hardness. Without anything to buffer it, the pH is not very stable (although technically neutral at a pH of 7). Distilled water is obtained by distilling (boiling) water and collecting the steam and re-condensing that. Distilled water is NOT safe by itself to be used with animals or for drinking. It will suck the ions out of any animal. Distilled water can be mixed with other waters and used. By mixing it with hard water for example, a water with lower hardness can be obtained. Distilled water is mostly sold for cleaning contact lenses because it is just water. There are a few cases where distilled water can be used as is for animals. Certain crustaceans such as triops and fairy shrimp can be hatched in distilled water.

http://curezone.com/forums/fm.asp?i=1182331#i
[/size][/size]

I agreed distilled water does deplete a person's energy... I know from experience... i currently stop drink it.... but i do think it's one of the best way to purify water...

I think that there may some additional step one must do in other to make distilled water turn into an healthy drinking water.... what is that step? i wonder... I wish i was chemist :)

I wouldn't say it's the best way to purify water but you can make it safe to drink by adding minerals and electrolytes. Distilled water is a solvent. By adding something to it, it is no longer a solvent. One product I like using is from Trace Minerals Research.

http://www.vitacost.com/productResults.a...ectrolytes&Ns=P_SoldQuantity|1&Ne=1&Ntt=electrolytes&ntk=products&N=32+2008483

I do use distilled water for the radiator cooling system of my car.

We are not cars, we are humans.

http://www.otomotifku.tk/2011/08/alert-m...amage.html

Possibly Related Threads…
Thread Author Replies Views Last Post
  The 5 Benefits Of Drinking Alkaline Water Breaking News 1 1,427 09-08-2018, 05:54 AM
Last Post: Tiana
  Distilled water beneficial in the short run SilverInfinity 13 3,667 10-16-2009, 11:00 PM
Last Post: Richard
  Questions: Himalayan salt, distilled water, and survival food? ShadowRunner 17 6,453 03-17-2008, 12:58 AM
  Chicken Dies Drinking Bottled Water in China Richard 0 1,129 09-12-2007, 01:31 PM
  Claims that Distilled Water is Dangerous Get Boldened 12 4,914 01-30-2007, 06:33 PM